Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 41

Thread: AG overload

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Ds9jullian's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2005
    Posts
    286
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Has anyone else every felt AG Overload? I have this sudden desire to just pack everyone and everything away. I feel like I am stuck in an AG world while I need to be focusing on the human world. I spent my weekend with 27 AG's and am currently construcing two AG collages for a library event. I also working on two wooden trunks I got at Hobby Lobby. I have to do 25 or more teaching applications, study for the certification test again, find a job to pay the bills, taxes, and decide if I am going to move to Washington State.

    Ashley

  2. #2
    talentedtwelve12
    Guest talentedtwelve12's Avatar

    Post

    Move to washington! It rules!!

    Hey, hey, you heard from a Washingtonian.

    (proud to be a <font size="6">SEAHAWK!</font>)

    As for AG overload.. I feel the exact same way. I have been down in the dumps lately. AG collecting is not the same as it used to be- 2 dolls, and getting outfits. Now it's all about GETTING DOLLS and EVERYTHING THAT HAS TO DO WITH THEM!!! [img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img]
    *sniff* *sniff*, I feel like I could just sell my whole collection and start over. Now THAT is an idea I might follow.


    [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Southpaw22's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2005
    Posts
    258
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm tired with being obsessed with the subject as well. I've considered selling everything I own with the exception of my Kit doll, and rediscovering everything I used to do before AG! I've almost forgotten what it's like to have a life!

    Dani

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ February 01, 2006 08:57 PM: Message edited by: AG4Alison ]</font>

  4. #4
    DollDetective
    Guest DollDetective's Avatar

    Post

    I felt that too about a year ago and then I sold half of my collection. It was sad, but I don't miss them, I now just have the dolls that really matter to me and I can focus on them.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Skittl1321's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2005
    Posts
    1,310
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yep. I've backed away from the board a bit, and stopped buying. I won't sell any of my stuff, but I'm going back to just changing my dolls seasonly like I used to.

    All this worry about "missing" outfits is to much for me!

  6. #6
    Inactive Member musicismyradar's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 18th, 2005
    Posts
    127
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've really been feeling like this lately too. I stopped collecting for about two years in 2002, and I find myself trying to get the things I missed out on, to feel caught up. I find myself constantly thinking about what I need to get next before it may be gone. It's very time consuming and annoying. I really want it to stop soon. I have such major guilt whenever I want to order more things. I would never sell what I already have, but I'm hoping my desire will die down a bit.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member wrxgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2005
    Posts
    876
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am starting to feel the same, to a point... lol
    I could never see myself selling most of my Ag dolls, atleast not right now... they are all so unique to me, and yeah I may be a little overboard, but Id hate to get rid of one, and regret it later.
    I will probably stop buying the dolls, except for the new or limited edition ones, being that space is becoming a problem, or if I carefully find a fixer upper that I know I will resell.... I get too attached to the ebay dolls for some reason because either I fix them up and then they are unique and I see all the hard work I did to make them that way and refuse to sell them, or they are older and there is something about the older dolls that reminds me of my childhood, so yes, I am more attached to them!
    I love the AGT dolls, except for the fact that most of them all have the same face molds... different color hair and eyes..... some with freckles, etc.... I had thought about selling them but they are just too darn cute! I then thought about selling part of my non-ag collection and even though I put my gotz doll on ebay, Im having second thoughts lol
    Sigh.....
    I will work on gradually reducing my collection to one that is more manageable for me. I am in no rush to do so, to make sure I make the right decisions.... [img]smile.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member AGTeacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,197
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm also in the AG depression ditch. I think it is because I got too many things in one short period.. so taking now time and thinking what is next. So no AG for a while, relaxation.. and if that does not work, some dollies will be moving out of here.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member jenndon's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 15th, 2005
    Posts
    687
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Very interesting and a good point about getting so much and it just feels "flat." Shows that money (or stuff) doesn't buy happiness. But I know that all of you enjoy your collection. I also do not like those times when I feel obsessed and out of control. I'm also coming down off of one of those--why do you think it is?? Christmas, Jess and her new stuff, old stuff retiring???

    Anyway, I'm feeling back to normal now--just enjoying this new hobby and collection with my daughter.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member QNPoohBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    1,460
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    No I have never felt like that. I don't play with my girls too often and I don't have money to buy anything. What I DO need is to stay off the boards!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •